Welcome to the website for the Minnesota Collegiate Forensics Association. MCFA sponsors a state tournament in individual events and parliamentary debate, as well as sponsoring panels at the Communication and Theater Association of Minnesota convention.
Minnesota colleges and universities have done well in a variety of regional and national competitions such as the National Forensic Association national tournament, the AFA-NIET, Novice Nationals, National Christian College Forensics Invitational, National Parliamentary Debate Association, and Pi Kappa Delta.
We hope this site will be of interest to current high school and college competitors and coaches, alumni, and others interested in intercollegiate forensics in Minnesota.
If you have questions or want to provide more information, please contact executive secretary Michael Dreher.
Executive Committee for the 2014 MCFA Tournament:
- Michael Dreher, Bethel University (Executive Secretary) (mdreher at bethel.edu)
- Cadi Kadlecek, Gustavus Adolphus College (upcoming host) (ckadlece at gustavus.edu)
- Christi Siver, St. John’s University (previous host) (csiver at csbsju.edu)
- Jon Loging, Bethany Lutheran College (Elected) (jonathan.loging at blc.edu)
- Adam Knowlton, Concordia College (Elected) (aknowlto at cord.edu)
The next business meeting for MCFA will take place at the CTAM convention, St. Cloud, Fall 2013. The next state tournament will take place at Gustavus Adolphus College on February 15-16, 2014.